We have partnered with The National Autistic Society (NAS). We’re now able to provide IET members and their families free access to the specialist support that NAS provides.
- Pre-diagnosis support
- Telephone advice for people where they/their child has not yet had diagnosis.
- Post-diagnosis support
- 10 year membership of NAS and its associated benefits
- Local branch support
- Publications grant
- Parent-to-parent support
- Education rights and exclusion information and advice
- E-befriending service
- Transition support to manage upcoming changes and plan for the future
- Autism Awareness for Families Seminar to be held in London in April 2018 (date to be confirmed). Please get in touch for more information
If you would like to see how we could support you, or an immediate family member, get in touch.
Alternatively, please share this page with any IET members who you feel may benefit from this service.
Understanding Autism Seminar
As part of our new partnership with the National Autistic Society, that supports IET members and their dependants with autism spectrum disorder, we are running an Understanding Autism seminar. The seminar will run from 10am to 2.30pm at our central London office on 26th April 2018. The seminar is free of charge to IET members and their partners but tickets must be booked.
Understanding autism provides information and advice to parents and carers of children who have an autism diagnosis. The seminar is particularly suited to parents and carers of children with a recent diagnosis but as some families have had little or no access to post diagnosis information it can be useful for them too.
Book using the Eventbrite plugin below.
If you feel you need a little help or you would just like to talk, please get in touch. We will talk through your circumstances with you and, together, we can work out how we can support you or signpost you to other more specialised support where appropriate.