We can refer you to a free legal helpline where a solicitor is on hand to offer advice on a range of issues such as:
- employment and redundancy
- divorce and separation
- house purchase queries
- impending court proceedings
- spiralling debt problems
- personal injury
- wills, probate and inheritance issues
- personal taxation - inheritance tax, self - employment, VAT and National Insurance
A solicitor will guide you through your legal rights and give you the options to help you decide on the next steps.
This service is available to all current and former IET member who are in EU countries. To find out if the legal helpline is suitable for you please give us a call to discuss your situation and we can then refer you to the legal helpline if appropriate.
Legal advice cannot be given for calls regarding litigation, immigration and commercial property and they cannot represent people.
Whilst open to members of all ages, here is what some of younger members have said about this service:
- “This is an excellent service”
- “This is a practical and useful way of helping younger members”
Please call us to discuss your situation and we can then refer you to the legal service if appropriate.