IET Connect is dedicated to helping IET members and their dependants in times of need.
Support is tailored to meet individual needs.
- Information and Advice – free advice is available on a wide range of matters including State benefits and welfare rights, care home information. We can also provide contact details for specialist independent organizations and agencies that can provide more specific advice and help.
- Free Legal Helpline – our outsourced legal helpline provides telephone advice from solicitors with a wide range of specialisms including employment rights, redundancy and personal and family issues.
- Personal Contact and a Listening Ear– If you would like to talk something through that's causing you concern, please contact our Helpline. We can sometimes arrange for someone to visit you to discuss needs and possible sources of help.
- Financial Assistance – where a financial need has been identified a grant may be offered to help towards costs. Contributions, sometimes the whole amount, are given for a wide range of purposes including unforeseen emergencies, essential services and utilities not covered by State benefits, equipment and household items, counselling support, care and disability costs and carers’ needs such as respite and maintaining independence.
- Employment and Redundancy Support - free legal advice is available for redundancy or employment concerns. If you are unemployed we can can offer you access to guidance, coaching and on-line resources through one-to-one coaching (outplacement) to help you get back into work.